UTEP & THE MYCAA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Attention: ALL eligible MyCAA recipients please select UTEP/P3 in the AI portal when uploading your Education and Training Plan.
Building on UTEP’s mission to serve the citizens of Texas, P3’s online programs offer a variety of non-credit workforce and professional development training opportunities that will enable participants to meet the challenges of a rapidly changing and highly competitive global economy.
All of the courses offered through P3 are ideal for military spouses, regardless of background or career path. Participants will find these programs to be particularly convenient as they are available online any time and are accessible to students from anywhere. Once you have completed a program, you will receive a certificate of completion from UTEP and/or go on to seek industry certification.
WHAT IS MYCAA
- The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program provides financial assistance for military spouses.
- MyCAA provides spouses up to $4,000 over 2 years to pursue degree programs, licenses or credentials that lead to employment in portable career fields.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Spouses of active duty service members in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, and O1-O2
- Spouses of activated Guard and Reserve members at E1-E5, W1-Wd and O1-O2 pay grades (spouses of Guard and Reserve members must be able to start and complete their courses while their sponsor is on Title 10 orders) Note: The MyCAA program does not include Coast Guard spouses.
MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) pays tuition for education and training courses, and licensing/credentialing fees. This includes:
- State certifications for teachers, medical professionals and other occupations requiring recognized certifications;
- Licensing exams and related prep courses;
- Continuing Education Unit (CEU) classes;
- Degree programs leading to employment in portable career fields; and
- High school completion course, GED tests and English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
Please be advised on all Clinical Externships:
Students must score eighty-percent (80%) or higher on all tests, quizzes and final exams to qualify for clinical externship placement. An average of eighty-percent (80%) or higher must be maintained in the course program to receive a certificate of completion from UTEP.
Academic & Science
Accounting & Economics
Law and Criminal Justice Certificates
We are adding new programs all the time. Please call if you do not see the program you are looking for.
Eligible spouses can establish a MyCAA account by visiting the MyCAA website at https://aiportal.acc.af.mil/mycaa. Once spouse profile information is provided, MyCAA will verify spouse DEERS benefit eligibility. Eligible spouses will be allowed to create their Career and Training Plan and request financial assistance at least 30 days prior to the course start dates.
- Our courses are 100% online and available 24x7
- Courses are all self-directed and self-paced; students are able to work through the programs at their own pace
- Courses include audio, text, graphics, simulation, quizzes and final assessments/exam prep
- Expert instructor support to help you along the way
- Pre and post assessments and online performance tracking with immediate grading
- All materials included
- Online technical support included
- Career services/externship placement included upon completion where applicable/noted in the training plans
No refunds can be issued after the start date published in your Financial Award document.